HTML OnLive Debugger

Useful links/downloads to software and other resources for android.
34 posts Page 2 of 4
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: HTML OnLive Debugger
mikethedj4
I'll let you all know when it's in the market. First things first is to make sure it's running smoothly for everyone. Well smooth enough that their android can handle. It even works on my 1st gen Motorola Droid, lol not the best to type on, but hey it works.

I'll also updating my original post on what implementations I'm working on, and what's been added.

I'll also reply here stating new additions that have been added. If you want anything added please mention it.

I do need someone that has a mobile phone to take some screenshots for the page.
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
The applications have been submitted into the Google Play Store. You can buy the full version for $1 here - https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rch_result
published.png
--------------------------------------------------------------

I changed the UI up a bit. I moved the change theme button to the color changer dialog (accessed from the menubar seen in the two screenshots). Which will make it easier to customize the application UI (only available in full), but also choose a hexadecimal color notation that you can copy and paste anywhere in the main application editor, or color changer ui dialog.
htmlonlivedebugger1.png
htmlonlivedebugger2.png
I'll be changing the header text color tomorrow. In addition the html tag generation properties section work, but only if you don't mess with the textbox. Once you modify code, or add your own it then doesn't generate any of the html tags.

I'll be working on fixing this bug tomorrow, but now time for spaghetti. Been working on this all day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
benji_19994
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

benji_19994
It's seems like it doesn't work well on the iPhone -_-
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
Yeah I noticed how the UI acts on my iPod. I may need to use an older version of JQuery Mobile, or do some more workarounds just to get it to run and function properly. It'll take some time though. I'm just trying to get the generation properties to work properly. I may need to reconfigure the pop up windows with my own custom ones instead of using JQuery Mobile's. As soon as these generation properties work I'll then work on the color changer section (I'm thinking on making it a page instead of a dialog, cause of smaller devices.

I was recently asked to add a CSS and JS side menu bar for landscape. I didn't think about that before, not sure how I can implement that but it definitely sounds like something that'll be a huge help. Especially with large code which helps categorize everything.
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
The dynamic html generation wasn't being very responsive. So to work around the problems I disabled the ability for submitting the code to the main editor, instead it generated a textbox in the dialog and you can copy and paste that text into the main editor. In addition I added a color picker (farbtastic jquery plugin) to make it easier for the user to grab a hexdecimal color. In addition the full version will enable you to change themes with the next update. So you'll have multiple text themes to choose from.

Another problem is when you switch apps and go back it refreshes the app back to default so all your code is gone. Which doesn't help when getting/copy/pasting url's. I'll be working on that problem in the next few days.

Currently I have it set atm to run in the background which uses more memory than what I want, but haven't came across a work around yet.
Last edited by mikethedj4 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
Will you be submitting it to the iOS App Store ?
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
I do plan on it, but it won't be submitted anytime soon. I've never made a iOS application before. Just JQuery/HTML5 web applications, and Android applications via Java. So I would have some learning to do, and probably acquire an Apple Developers license. I would prefer acquiring laptop to do my programming before I do that just to make it easier to design/develop my apps without sharing a computer.
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
#mikethedj4 did you want me to continue testing the app? I can use my phone/tablet and laptop.
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
mikethedj4 wrote:
I do plan on it, but it won't be submitted anytime soon. I've never made a iOS application before. Just JQuery/HTML5 web applications, and Android applications via Java. So I would have some learning to do, and probably acquire an Apple Developers license. I would prefer acquiring laptop to do my programming before I do that just to make it easier to design/develop my apps without sharing a computer.
If you go to school: Don't the schools in the US provide students with laptops ?
Here in Sweden we get to borrow laptops and ipads (depending on the school). I for example got my macbook air 13" from school and I get to keep it for 3 years (and buy it out later).
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
It depends on the college, sometimes you get a discount. I wouldn't know for sure as I can't afford college.

By the way I just tried compiling and releasing the new version but I can't remember the password I set. So not sure what will happen in the developer console but those that already have it installed may not get an automatic update. So if any of you installed it you probably may need to check tomorrow (if it's not up tomorrow it WILL be up on the 13th)
34 posts Page 2 of 4
Return to “Resources”