Visual Basic for OS X

Post about and submit your favourite software for MAC.
13 posts Page 2 of 2
Contributors
Agust1337
Coding God
Coding God

Re: Visual Basic for OS X
Agust1337
I did that but it still says that
You're crazy!
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested. ~Sheldon Cooper
Bogoh67
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Bogoh67
Agust1337 wrote:
I did that but it still says that
it worked perfectly fine for me maybe you did something wrong such as not include some info
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
XCode isn't free you haft to pay to become an apple developer. It says you can download it for free if you have an apple id, and with that you're paying to become a developer. Read more about that here.

XCode I believe does come with every new mac, and you'll also get Interface Builder with it, and maybe Cocoa, but you can call an apple represenative if you need more help on that.

There are some alternatives you can get/use to develop software, such as NetBeans which you can get Java SE, Java EE, C/C++, PHP, and all that I just listed there. Instead of the one with the individual IDE. NetBeans also is cross platform btw.

There also is QT Creator by Nokia you can use, which is also cross platform, but is only for C++ I believe. (May support others now, but it's been awhile sense I've used it) Also let me point out you can compile your QT project so your application can not only run as a regular desktop application, but also as a mobile application for your nokia phone.

In Linux I foundout about CMake which is a cross platform compiler for your MakeFile's and you can use that on OS 10 as well as Windows to make your application cross platform. (IDK how you'd use it on Windows though, but there's plenty tutorials out there on how to use this)
13 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Software”