Dual Booting Problems :(

If you need help configuring, installing or using anything Linux please post in here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
zachman61
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Dual Booting Problems :(
zachman61
Well when trying to dual boot via a USB it loads fine but it trys to install over my windows 7 when trying to save it along side.
It also just shuts down the computer randomly which doesn't happen on my Windows 7 so its not a power supply problem.
Any help?
Nailing my feet to the floor is easier than using my own muscles to balance, but you don't see me doing that :)
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: Dual Booting Problems :(
mikethedj4
Did you split the Windows 7 partition???
zachman61
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

zachman61
How do i do this? lol very nooby at dual booting.
Nailing my feet to the floor is easier than using my own muscles to balance, but you don't see me doing that :)
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
Watch this dude's tutorial.
zachman61
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

zachman61
Thank you Very much Mike i'll tell you how it goes :)
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
No problem. I advise you get all the additional software (that is if you're installing Ubuntu 11.04, and it says it in the installer). Not it's not necessarily software, but it'll install flash, and everything so you don't haft to. Also I recommend installing the updates to while you're installing the os from the cd, or flash drive.
zachman61
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

zachman61
Hi, it seems that my laptop's charger is what keeps shutting my computer off when installing because if it stop charging for a single second it seems that Ubuntu Shuts down to stop installing?
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
You're having a hardware issue, not a software issue. I haft to leave my charger plugged in otherwise my battery will die withing 2 minutes, cause it's old. Just get your battery replaced, and you should be good.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Help & Support”