File Explorer

Post all your application ideas, thoughts and suggestions in here to inspire others or kick-off a project.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

File Explorer
CodenStuff
Hello,

One thing I dont think anyone has made (atleast on Codenstuff.com) is a file browser/explorer. It would be great if someone took up this challenge and created a file explorer that lets the user do atleast the basic things you can already do with your default explorer like:

Copy files
Move files
Delete files
Paste files

Just a file/folder explorer that could be expanded with image previews..video previews..music previews..document previews ..file organising etc.

I wonder if anyone can make one from scratch cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
jtlusco
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: File Explorer
jtlusco
I never even thought about that and your right i dont think anyone here at least has made one if noone else does it before i finishe on my project im doing ill give it a shot
Have you been scripted today
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
I think no-one has made it because they're busy with their own projects(or at-least me), but when i have time i will try to do this.
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
Agust1337
Coding God
Coding God

Agust1337
Lol since you are saying this I will try it :þ
You're crazy!
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested. ~Sheldon Cooper
XTechVB
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

XTechVB
Well i'm working on one now i've already have: create,delete,copy functions but i've hit a wall on the MOVE function
You can find me on Facebook or on Skype mihai_92b
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

mandai
For moving files all you need to do is copy first then delete afterwards.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
What about:
Code: Select all
IO.File.Move("C:\FileName.ext", "D:\FileName.ext")
First part is the location and name of the file you want to move and the second part is where you want to move the file too.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
/BUMP

This is a good thing to start on and it would be great. I bumped so people can see this and work on it. So don't -rep me lol.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Code Storming”