Web Cam Surveillance

Post all your application ideas, thoughts and suggestions in here to inspire others or kick-off a project.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
Alchemy
Just Registered
Just Registered

Web Cam Surveillance
Alchemy
I've always thought of making a web cam surveillance system that has multiple screens going for multiple web cams setup around your office or home. Anyone interested in doing this would get my grats & Id love to help on it, of course I will make one some day myself, but ya there you guys go. I know it may sound lame but I thought one built in VB would be fun & could be simple or advanced its your choice.
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

Re: Web Cam Surveillance
mandai
Use VLC player to stream the cameras from each attached PC then use a media player control to watch them in your software. That's probably the simplest solution.
Nery
Co-Admin Moderator
Co-Admin Moderator

Nery
Great idea, unfortunately I haven't enough time to help you, I've been busy.
agrubb
Just Registered
Just Registered

agrubb
I am a noob to this site and have been toying with my Web camera with image matching. Sorta like a facial recognition program, but for spatial areas. What I mean is that the camera will have a couple of default images in a data base for say my wood shop. Then I used the getpixel method to verify key points in the web cam picture. If the points match no alert when the pixels do not match the default templates if fires off an alarm. so you have a smart survalence camera. I imagine if you cycle through the various cameras you can check multiple cameras through a loop.
goodman854
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

goodman854
That actually sounds kind of cool lol.
DreadNought
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

DreadNought
A very good concept. I would make one but my cam stopped working and most people here code is VB not C# all it is, is streaming from a webcam. Install a program on your computer then iunno, watch all your webcams at once.
Bound and boom tech,
The Future Of Coding
Axel
Coding God
Coding God

Axel
Its actually not the best idea...
If you use usb1.0 you'll lose quality after 3 meters. With multiple cams I think you can't see anything lol :P
http://vagex.com/?ref=25000
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

mandai
Most people would use a network camera rather than USB in that case. A Cat5e cable can go for about 100 meters.
Axel
Coding God
Coding God

Axel
mandai wrote:
Most people would use a network camera rather than USB in that case. A Cat5e cable can go for about 100 meters.
most webcams do have usb1.0 , even the new ones
http://vagex.com/?ref=25000
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Code Storming”