Desktop V3-R

Download the latest release. Help and support questions and updates.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Desktop V3-R
CodenStuff
Hello V3 users,

If anyone is still using V3 you will probably be wondering what the heck has happened to it and where are the updates. Well the good news is that I will soon be getting back to this project and it will be completely re-made from the ground up because I have learnt a lot from the previous versions and I think I can now make it a lot better and much more extendable.

This has been my main project for over a year now and I really want to get it finished because I think it has a lot of potential and can be something really good once it gets going with your help creating add-ins and other goodies for it.

So I just wanted to let you know that V3 is not dead and will be back very soon keep your eyes open for screens and test versions very soon ;)

I have given it the temporary project name of "V3-R" which just means V3 Reborn which I think fits it quite well :D

See you soon cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Scottie1972
Codenstuff Elite
Codenstuff Elite

Re: Desktop V3-R
Scottie1972
Finally! I can't wait.
It has been a very long time since I was able to write some Add-Ins for V3.
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
I use it on my second comp and I really like it. I think I sent you a PM asking about it.
Skillful
Skillful Coders
Skillful Coders

Skillful
Well, I cant wait for it to be released. Like Scottie1972, I'm eager to write some add ins for it!
Instead of LOL use this -
LSIBMHBIWFETALOL

Which means -
Laughing silently in between my head because it wasn't funny enough to actually laugh out loud!
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Hello,

Just to keep you updated on progress I will make regular posts about what is happening. So far most of the work has been behind the scenes on the actual code for V3 making things work a lot better and smoother than previous versions aswell as fitting it out with a whole bunch of custom made controls. I dont have much to show you at the moment but here is a VERY early screenshot of V3R.

This time it will have tabs so its familiar and something we are all use to using just like other browsers like Chrome, IE, Firefox so you will feel comfortable and right at home using it, the tab system is completely custom made specifically for V3R so it will have some cool features. We still have lots to do and the look/layout will change in the final product so stay tuned to this section for more updates/news and previews in the future cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Agust1337
Coding God
Coding God

Agust1337
Look's awesome! Can't wait to test it :D
You're crazy!
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested. ~Sheldon Cooper
Axel
Coding God
Coding God

Axel
CodenStuff wrote:
Hello,

Just to keep you updated on progress I will make regular posts about what is happening. So far most of the work has been behind the scenes on the actual code for V3 making things work a lot better and smoother than previous versions aswell as fitting it out with a whole bunch of custom made controls. I dont have much to show you at the moment but here is a VERY early screenshot of V3R.

This time it will have tabs so its familiar and something we are all use to using just like other browsers like Chrome, IE, Firefox so you will feel comfortable and right at home using it, the tab system is completely custom made specifically for V3R so it will have some cool features. We still have lots to do and the look/layout will change in the final product so stay tuned to this section for more updates/news and previews in the future cooll;
Ask jeeves XD who uses that
http://vagex.com/?ref=25000
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Hello,

We have only been at it for about 2 weeks (working on V3 that is) and it is starting to take shape and turn into a pretty good browser. Although V3 isnt suppose to be a web browser I am focussing a lot of my work on the browser side of it because lets face it about 90% of the time we spend on the computer is spent surfing/using the internet in one way or another so having a good working browser is a must.

I dont have much to show you at the moment because im currently trying to create some fun and visually nice custom controls for V3 as you can see in the image below..its some kind of image viewer done in loads of different ways but im not sure what ill be doing with it yet :lol:

I will post more when I have something for you to look at and test out before release and then you can get busy making some add-ins for it :)

Its fun to code cooll;
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Vikhedgehog
Hey Codey, here's a little idea :lol:

Make CNS desktop be like codenstuff but not load it in a browser. Maybe make the topics load in a textbox? Users also will be able to download them and read later :) . Make all graphical interface of codenstuff be built in and only send the changed data. This will help users with slow connections or connection limit to load codenstuff faster.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Hello,

I will eventually be including some features like that Vikhedgehog but that will probably be part of the site update.

Well I have been working my bum off and I finally have something put together that I can actually use and now I can concentrate on add-ins to make sure they will work and also update the code to add loads of new options. In V3R you will be able to create add-ins for: Sidebar, Fullscreen, toolbar, menubar, browser, tabs and with Scotties theme engine you will be able to customize the theme to make it match your style. The images below show you what I have so far (it will change before release) and you can see what V3R will look like. It will be an empty shell and the only things included will be the main web browser functions and the sidebar so basically it will be just a browser and if you want to make it better by adding more things to it and really bring it to life you will have to create/download add-ins for it because thats what its all about and thats where the fun begins :D.

Keep an eye on this board for more updates soon cooll;
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “CnS Desktop Main”