CamDesk 1.2 for Windows

Please post all your completed software applications in here. This is for full software which you have created and wish to release and share with everyone.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

CamDesk 1.2 for Windows
mikethedj4
Official Website - Facebook Fanpage - Development Plans

Screenshot:
About CamDesk:
CamDesk is a free, open source, desktop webcam widget, that was created as home surveillance application. Although others have used it for demonstrations, and even with CamStudio for screen casting.

NOTE: CamDesk is licensed under the GPL2.

Requirements:
  • Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 - 32bit
  • 1.05MB of hard disk space
  • Webcam
  • Webcam Drivers
  • .NET Framework 4.0
How To Use CamDesk:
  • Click and drag to move CamDesk
  • Double click for fullscreen (F11)
  • Click and hold left mouse button down on CamDesk for 2.5 seconds and the preferences window pops up. (NOTE: If you hold to long it'll hide, and show, as it's on a timer.) (CTRL+P)
  • Right click for menu functionality for CamDesk
  • In order to close CamDesk click the top right "X" image in the preferences window. (ALT+F4)
  • Start/Stop webcam (F1)
  • Record (take photos: default interval is set at 3000ms, or 3s, and you can change this in the preferences window) (F2)
Download v1.2 Source Code!
camdesk-1.2.zip
Enjoy CamDesk? Feel free to donate a credit or two below...
donate.zip
Improvements to v1.2:
  • Can now start/stop CamDesk from running in the preferences window.
  • Can now record images with CamDesk, and use it as a security camera.
  • Removed the custom ui from the preferences window to lower the file size of the application.
  • Added a new chroma key feature, but is only really efficient if you have good lighting.
TIP: If you don't want the drop shadow to display, right click "Computer" and select "Properties". Now click on "Advanced system settings". System Properties should pop up, and you should be on the Advanced tab by default. Click on "Settings" in the "Performance" group under the Advanced Tab. Now uncheck "Show shadows under windows". This will disable the drop shadow on all your windows. Currently there's no way to disable it only for CamDesk, but that is planned to be implemented in a later release.

NOTE: Currently there's no built in option to change webcam source! You must restart CamDesk to do so.

Thanks to #mandai, and #MrAksel for helping out with the new recording capability implemented into v1.2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shim
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: CamDesk 1.2 for Windows
Shim
hope this will get popular and i like to see more versions . I will tell about camdesk for my facebook friends while chatting .

Thank you
Find my programs on Softpedia
clanc789
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Re: CamDesk 1.2 for Windows
clanc789
Mike, if you want to earn something out of the donations-credits-download version make it 2 creds since 1 will give you nothing. Furthermore I like the concept and the program itself!
Practice makes perfect!

VIP since: 6-10-2011
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Full Software”